Over-the-counter drugs such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen are useful painkillers, but they can cause health problems in the longer term. Medicines on prescription may be addictive and even more adverse. How to relieve pain are the best natural ways? Essential oils, herbs and alternative therapies have been used for hundreds of years as natural pain relievers. Researchers have not fully realized these options, but there is some evidence that some treatments can help and are found to be useful by many.
In most countries of Europe and Latin America, and in India and Russia, homoeopathy is part of mainstream medicine. The Food and Drug Administration classifies most of its medications as OTCs (FDA). There is no limit to prescription status in your safety record.
A well-known homeopathy principle is that the medicine must be personally tailored to a patient: 10 people with fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis will probably get a combination of 10 medicines from a professional homeopath because every patient has a distinct symptom pattern. This applies mainly to chronic diseases, however.
The complexity of the trauma or infection imposes the same symptom pattern on almost all in an emergency situation or in the case of a highly infectious disease. Arnica, for example, is effective in nearly all acute soft-tissue trauma cases involving bruising, swelling, and/or soreness. This allows for the development of a structured Arnica treatment for post-surgery recovery or sports injuries. When an injury or procedure triggers intense nerve pain, Hypericum, with its symptom collection of numbness, tingling, other paresthesias, and electric-shock sensations along a nerve path—especially after a blow to the spine or a nerve-rich region of the body—becomes a universal remedy.
When it comes to short-term or palliative pain relief, the prescriber typically selects from a list of homeopathic drugs that have a long history of clinical efficacy. The decision is then made based on the patient’s personal preferences: does the patient choose a heating pad or an ice pack, for example; do they prefer to limber up an aching joint or leave it still?
Pain Management for Broken Bones
According to a study conducted in India, homeopathy can speed up bone healing and reduce the need for analgesics.
• The most popular treatment for broken bones is symphytum. It has been shown in studies to support callus formation and fracture union.
• Where there is a contusion or a bone bruise, or when there is soreness rather than acute pain along the line of the fracture, as in Symphytum, Ruta grav is used.
• Calc phos is used to treat children’s growing pains as well as broken bones that take a long time to heal.
• Protocol: A dosage of two pellets dissolved in the mouth once a day in 30c potency (strength) most widely available in supermarkets.
Pain Management for Labor Pains
The majority of homeopathic research in childbirth focuses on only one medicine: Caulophyllum.
However, based on 150 years of experience and the need to minimize the use of epidurals, a variety of medications to relieve labor pains are included here. Epidurals can trigger a “cascade of treatments,” resulting in a higher need for an oxytocin injection, a higher incidence of instrumental births, and a higher risk of fetal distress requiring a Cesarean section.
- Aconite is used to treat violent, severe, and unexpected labor pains, especially when the woman is afraid of dying.
- Belladonna is used to treat severe labor pains in women who have the usual Belladonna symptoms (a wild look in the eyes, reddened cheeks, delirium).
- Caulophyllum for when both the labor pains and the woman’s moods are erratic: the labor pains tend to flit here and there, and the woman’s mood swings are extreme.
- Chamomilla for when the pain is so excruciating that nothing can please her: she wants to throw everyone out of the room, or she requests something, but rejects it and demands something else.
- Cimicifuga is used when labor pains radiate down the thighs and the woman feels dark, as if a black cloud is hovering over her, and she thinks she’s shitting bricks.
- Kali carbonicum for back pain and pins and needles.
- Sepia may also cause back labor, as well as other Sepia symptoms including severe fatigue, weepiness, and irritability.
More About the Authors
Essential Zen focuses on Homeopathy, which is a medical system based on the belief that the body can cure itself. Those who practice it use tiny amounts of natural substances, like plants and minerals to stimulate the healing process. It was developed in the late 1700s in Germany and is becoming more popular in the United States. Our mission is to increase that popularity and help it continue to grow.
This article was written with the help of Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary, a top cbd online. CBD products have worked with many people who have physical, mental or emotional disabilities. They are passionate about helping their customers find relief by providing them with quality-made CBD Hemp products that work best for their needs. If you need help finding the right product for your specific health concerns, check out their site today!